Go Behind the Scenes at re:publica! #rp17 is Looking for a Programme Assistant and Interns
We are looking for a programme assistant to join our team, starting 1 December 2016 until 31 May 2017. We are also looking to fill internship positions lasting 3 months starting 1 December 2016 and from January/February 2017. Get more info on the internship positions over here.
You're enthusiastic and interested in topics regarding the internet and the digital society and are prepared to support the programme planning and the editorial desk for the eleventh re:publica? Then we'd love to hear from you. As a member of a dedicated team you will gain plenty of insights and experience in the workings of a large-scale project.
re:publica has become one of the world's most important festivals for the digital society. Its tenth instalment in May 2016 attracted over 8,000 participants, with over 800 speakers from over 50 countries presenting on 18 stages. Every year, re:publica brings together activists, coders, artists, business people and representatives from all walks of life. Also, nearly half of the attendees at the annual event are female. Few other events in this field can pride themselves with such a balanced visitor demographic. The eleventh re:publica will take place 8-10 May 2017 at STATION Berlin.
What you can expect to support us on:
You'll be working closely with the Programme Lead and supporting the coordination processes.
- Researching themes/topics and speakers
- Corresponding with speakers, sponsors, and partners
- Writing blog posts
- Circulating and analysing our Call for Participation
- Event programme design and planning
What we are looking for from you:
- Completed studies or comparable experience
- Affinity for re:publica's topics and ethos (Maybe you already attended a re:publica?)
- Some previous experience in project management
- Conceptual and strategic thinking
- Basic knowledge with and technical interest in CMS
- Organisational skills and an eye for details
- Sense of responsibility, independence, motivation, creativity and a good team mentality
- Very good English language skills; native English language candidates with a good level in German are more than welcome to apply
What we can offer you:
- Working on one of the most exciting conferences on Internet and digital society
- Comprehensive know-how in event project management through numerous assignments within projects
- Coordinating your own project within the programme team
- Opportunity to expand your professional network with exciting people
- A great working atmosphere with dedicated colleagues and interesting projects
- Flexible working hours, duration of employment and starting date
- Our office, location in the heart of Berlin
The salary is based on the entry wage for project assistants. re:publica stands for diversity and inclusion and we look for varied ways of thinking, experiences, and work styles. Competence is key – regardless of age, gender, or background.
If you are interested and/or would like to know more, please send your questions or CV/resume (please do not include a photo), as well as a short cover letter to Alexandra (alexandra [at] re-publica.de) – or call us at: +49 30 92105 989
We look forward to hearing from you!