Get Behind the Scenes of re:publica – Internship Press Assistant
Update: Thanks to all applicants. We have filled the position.
We are currently looking to fill a 5-month internship position in the press and editorial team, to begin immediately. You should be enthusiastic and interested in topics focused on the internet, digital society and be prepared to support the editorial desk for the eleventh re:publica. As a member of a dedicated team you will gain a wealth of insights and experience in organizing large-scale projects.
re:publica has become one of the world's most important festivals for the digital society. Its tenth instalment in May 2016 attracted over 8,000 participants, with over 800 speakers from over 50 countries presenting on 18 stages. Every year, re:publica brings together activists, coders, artists, business people and representatives from all walks of life. The annual event is also able to boast a near 50% female attendance rate – few other events in this field can pride themselves with such a balanced visitor demographic. The eleventh re:publica will take place 8-10 May 2017 at Station-Berlin.
What you can expect to support us on:
- Press accreditation
- Writing press releases, newsletters and blog posts
- Processing of media inquiries
- Support for press representatives at the event
What we are looking for from you:
- Affinity for re:publica's topics and ethos (maybe you’ve already attended the re:publica before?)
- Basic knowledge of, and technical interest in, CMS
- Organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Independence, motivation, creativity and a good team mentality
- Very good English language skills; native English language candidates with a good level in German are more than welcome to apply
What we can offer you:
- Working on one of the most exciting conferences on internet and digital society
- A great working atmosphere with dedicated colleagues and interesting projects
- Flexible working hours, internship duration and starting date
- Our office in the heart of Berlin
This internship is remunerated and can fulfil mandatory internship requirements for a degree program. If you are interested and/or would like to know more, please send your questions or CV/resume (please no photos included), as well as a short cover letter to Paul (paul [at] re-publica.de) – or call us at: +49 30 92105 977.
We look forward to hearing from you!