Get Behind the Scenes of re:publica – Internship Volunteer Management
Update: Thanks to all applicants. We have filled the position.
We are currently looking to fill a 3-month (March to May 2017), full-time internship position in the Volunteer Management team for the re:publica 2017. The internship offers diverse and attractive assignments, dedicated colleagues and flexible working hours in the heart of Berlin. As a member of a dedicated team you’ll gain a wealth of insights and experience in organizing large-scale projects.
re:publica has become one of the world's most important festivals for the digital society. Its tenth instalment in May 2016 attracted over 8,000 participants, with over 800 speakers from over 50 countries presenting on 18 stages. Every year, re:publica brings together activists, coders, artists, business people and representatives from all walks of life. The annual event is also able to boast a near 50% female attendance rate – few other events in this field can pride themselves with such a balanced visitor demographic. The eleventh re:publica will take place 8-10 May 2017 at the STATION-Berlin.
What you can expect to support us on:
- Assistance of Volunteer Management at the re:publica 2017
- Internal and external communication
- Editorial system and data management support
- Coordination of set-up and dismantling for the entire event
What we are looking for from you:
- Ideally some initial experience in the events’ sector
- You enjoy digital and technical topics
- Fluent German and very good English language skills (spoken and written)
- Independent, motivated, team skills and creativity
- Thoroughness in the processing of data
- Proficiency in LibreOffice/MS Office
- Interested in and enjoy content management systems and lists
- Good stamina and steady nerves for long conference days
What we can offer you:
- Working on one of the most exciting conferences on internet and digital society
- A great working atmosphere with dedicated colleagues and interesting projects
- Flexible working hours, internship duration and starting date
This internship is remunerated and can fulfil mandatory internship requirements for a degree program. If you are interested and/or would like to know more, please send your questions or CV/resume (please do not include a picture), as well as a short cover letter to Elke (Elke [at] re-publica.de).
We look forward to hearing from you!