Fashiontech Lab Berlin
- Fashiontech Lab Berlin-In this #FashionTech Lab workshop you'll be introduced to the emerging field of fashion technology by creating a custom jewelry piece. You'll learn the basics of electronics and solder LEDs onto a battery holder that will light up your necklace. At the end of this hands-on workshop, you’ll take home your very own 3D printed, glowing Vonoroi Pendant.
- Fashiontech Lab Berlin-Fashion tech and privacy-by-design?! What does fashion have to do with privacy? A lot, if the technology used in fashion tech collects and processes personal data. This can be the case, for example, if a sensor embedded within a pair of running shoes captures the steps and velocity of the wearer in order to analyze the increase in performance. If the runner is able to access that data via a personal login on the website of the manufacturer, then this kind of data is personalized and data protection law applies. But don’t panic: Data protection law doesn’t need to spoil all the fun. On the contrary, if developers of data-driven products understand data protection law as just another factor increasing the quality of those products, then the question is not: Is this product legal or illegal? Rather it is: How can I develop the product in a way that satisfies the needs of my customer? This is the theme of the workshop “Fashion Tech and Privacy-by-Design.” In this workshop, we will enable you to develop your products in a way that makes data protection law a competitive advantage, rather than a constant threat.
- Fashiontech Lab Berlin-Shaping jewellery from bioluminescent bacteria. Ocean microorganisms are harnessed and integrated into wearable jewellery. How can we begin to think more creatively about designing with biology? This black box glows inside, featuring a live community of Photobacterium Phosphoreum.
- Fashiontech Lab Berlin-In contexts where intolerance grows and oppression becomes evident, one has to use and reinvent the tools to show disagreement and trying with love to generate empathy, to stimulate new points of view that promote diversity and equality. We believe that many voices have to be heard and we propose to use the wearable technology as an element that goes beyond simple glowing and becomes a means of communication. Let's use the wearable as an element that can convey a message!
If you have a message to share with the world, come and join us in this workshop! We will show you how to use this technology with a basic sewn circuit as a way to express yourself and take it with you everywhere!
- Fashiontech Lab Berlin-3D printing fashion at home is a myth: environmentally unfriendly plastics which as scratchy and uncomfortable to wear combined with abstract and bulky designs means that it just won't catch on.
Today we will challenge this concept and show how 3D printed fashion is both sustainable, comfortable and even washable
Create your own unique pattern in illustrator and turn this into a fully compostable, flexible fashion accessory that you can wear, love, wash and then compost.
Limited to 10 participants